GOLF IN PIEDMONT
10 TEN GOOD REASONS TO PLAY GOLF IN TURIN AND IN PIEDMONT
- OVER 40 CLUBS strategically located on the whole region to meet all the needs of golfers, from beginners to the most experienced ones.
- MAJESTIC COURSES: five of the ten courses indicated as the best in Italy by the most prestigious golf magazines are in Piedmont.
- FREEDOM OF PLAYING: on almost never crowded couses, being able to choose the tee time and your playmates, without having to use the golf car and above all ... without accelerating your pace: golf in Piedmont still means "sport and relaxation in nature ".
- THE VARIETY OF LANDSCAPES is so vast that we often get lost in the magic of greens that few regions are lucky to have. From the Olympic Mountains to the Langhe and Lake Maggiore passing through Turin, Piedmont offers mountain, countryside, city and hill paths.
- STAY AND PLAY: on 15 courses you can stay in small and medium-sized golf hotels, some are newly built, others were built in old villas and renovated farmhouses: the ideal choice for those seeking full immersion.
- The Turin 2006 OLYMPIC EXPERIENCE endowed Piedmont with a quality hotel range: luxury hotels, charming hotels, farmhouses and bed & breakfasts, houses for all tastes and budgets. Our professional hospitality and service welcome you in an established tourist destination.
- GOLF & WINE: fine wines, from Barolo to Asti spumante, are produced around and within some courses in Piedmont. The nineteenth hole is often a rustic red brick wine cellar where you can taste wines, cheeses and other excellences of Piedmont food and wines.
- GOLF & TRUFFLE: in autumn there are numerous food and wine fairs, the Salone del Gusto in Turin and the Alba Truffle Fair alternate from year to year and constitute the highlight of the season. During the Truffle Fair, golf courses near Alba organize competitions in which the precious tuber is offered as a prize. The Salone del Gusto takes place instead at the Lingotto, Turin exhibition center with five courses and two golf hotels within 20 km.
- NOT ONLY GOLF: a holiday in Piedmont also means experiencing emotions in cities with refined artistic and cultural traditions, in historical places of our country. It means enjoying a lively social life and endless exclusive shopping opportunities, from the boutiques in the center of Turin to the large outlets in the province where you can buy Made in Italy products at extremely affordable prices.
- AT THE FOOT OF MOUNTAINS AND CLOSE TO THE SEA: golf courses in the south of Piedmont are within one hour's drive from the Riviera Ligure.