MUSEUM OF AQUASANTS
The sacredness of water
The 17th-century oratory of San Rocco, in the Livera hamlet, houses the "MUSA - Museo degli acquasantini e della sacralità dell'acqua" (Museum of the Benedictines and the sacredness of water), created thanks to the synergy between DocBi - Centro Studi Biellesi, the municipal administration and the associations of Pettinengo. On display, are about 500 of the more than 840 Benedictines that are part of the collection collected by Sergio Trivero (1933-2011) and then donated to DocBi. The display groups the acquasantini subdivided by subject or type, telling where possible some stories of the objects on display: a precious expression of popular devotion.
Location: Pettinengo (Brich di Zumaglia and Biellese Hill)