Madonna delle Nevi del Cavallero Sanctuary
Located in the town of Coggiola amidst the Biellese mountains, it was built between the end of the XVII C. and the beginning of the next. Built in a hollow that is completely surrounded by chestnut trees, it is tied to the legend of the apparition of the Madonna before three shepherd boys in 1678. The interior is Latin Cross and decorated with baroque stuccoes and some frescoes by the painter Lace of Andorno. An intense devotion has always tied the inhabitants of these valleys to the Sanctuary, which is verified by the hundreds of ex votos that have recently been assessed and catalogued. Below the courtyard facing the church is the Cavallero river whose waters supposedly have therapeutic qualities.
Location: Coggiola (Zegna Oasis and Sessera Valley)